Ryn, Poland: EpiMilitaris 2013 Conference
The Transatlantic Collaborative Biological Resiliency Demonstration (TaCBRD) EpiMilitaris 2013 Conference was held on September 10-12, 2013 in Ryn, Poland.
EpiMilitaris 2013 aimed to provide a forum for experts from multiple nations and disciplines to exchange information on and expand the knowledge of bioterror threats and defense.
- Address the following themes:
- Bioterrorism threats in Poland and the world.
- The medical aspects of bioterrorism to include the detection, identification, monitoring, and epidemiology of biological weapons agents.
- Biodefense in the form of medical countermeasures, law enforcement activities, and new trends in science and technology.
- National, regional, and local community resilience after a bioterrorist attack.
EpiMilitaris 2013 was co-hosted by the Epidemiological Response Centre of the Polish Armed Forces, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency of the United States Department of Defense, and the Association of Defense Communities Movement. This forum allowed close coordination among all sectors of government and effective partnerships among public and private institutions, both nationally and internationally, reducing the risks of a deliberate release of a biological agent.